Pelican cases have been thrown out of helicopters in Iraq, floated through frigid fjords in Norway and rolled over by SUVs in Tanzania. With only a few scratches to show on the outside, contents inside are left unscathed. These are minor details for major bragging rights. And that is really what it's all about. Getting your gear from point A to point B in the condition in which it's meant to be: intact and functional.
Pelican cases feature:
- Proprietary combination of homo-polymers and co-polymers, using an open cell core and solid wall construction makes them stronger and lighter than a solid core wall. Stainless steel pins are used in hinges and handles.
- Tongue and groove fit with polymer o-ring acts as a waterproof seal.
- Stainless steel ball bearing wheels last longer and ride smoother. The nylon hub adjacent to the stainless steel is made to resist heat. The result is less wear and tear on the polyurethane wheel.
- Stainless steel reinforced padlock protectors provide added strength and extra security against cutting and theft.
- Double-Throw latches are smarter and easier to open: it's the classic "C" clamp design with a secondary movement that works like a pry bar to start the release and offers plenty of leverage to open with a light pull.
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve releases built-up air pressure while keeping water molecules out, resulting in a watertight case that is even easier to open.