You've got equipment to protect, and a Storm Case is the best way to do it. Why? It's all about the resin: our proprietary HPX® polymer is proven to resist impacts even in low-temperature laboratory testing. But the real proof is in the bragging rights that come with survival. Because to a Storm Case, whether falling from a helicopter, crashing down class V rapids or taking a hit in the center lane of the New Jersey turnpike is all in a day's work.
Storm cases feature:
- Press & Pull® Latches: These smooth-opening, dependable, patented latches hold tight under pressure and impact despite fastopening performance. Tested to over 400 lbs., yet open with a simple release button.
- Molded-In Lockable Hasps: Twin mating hasp holes on the rim of the case allow attachment of padlocks to keep your gear in and thieves out. And check out Pelican's TSA approved cable padlock. Now you can check your baggage with confidence while flying in the USA. The Travel Security Agency has the key, and you have the combination.
- Rugged In-Line Wheels: Shielded from dust, dirt and other contaminants – ball bearing wheels provide low-friction, low-drag rolling with retractable handles for easy movement of heavy loads. Look for the icon for availability on select models.
- Double-Layer, Soft-Grip Handles: When the weather goes south you'll find a secure grip that won't slip. An in-tool vulcanizing process over-molds the grips to the polymer handle for a lifetime of dependable performance.
- Vortex® Pressure Release Valve: The built-in technology of Pelican Storm Cases automatic pressure equalization valve is also a patented feature. Air travel prevents vacuum lock to make opening the case natural even after extreme altitude changes. At the same time, the microscopic filter blocks water molecules and dust particles so your gear stays clean in the Gobi and dry on the Nile.